Virtual Design and Construction Coordinator (VDC)
As a Virtual Design and Construction Coordinator (VDC), you’ll lead development, implementation and support of all
Virtual design and construction processes to help to ensure projects are completed on schedule and within allotted
Who you are…
You’re the heartbeat of our business, setting the tone for the Ultimate Client Experience as soon as you receive
project specifications. You bring your ‘A’ game by accurately completing project models on time without
quality or safety standards. You love working in the details and don’t mind if you need to iterate and iterate
again- in fact you prefer it that way! You are great working on your own, yet can take direction well and you
nice with others. You’re hungry for a company that offers reliable work, great benefits, paid training, ongoing
development and a supportive culture. Guess what – your search ends here! Learn more about what a career at
General Contracting can do for you.
As a Virtual Design and Construction Coordinator (VDC), a typical day might include the following…
- Project Pursuits: Assisting marketing to develop initial concept models, drone shots, and interactive
technology for proposals and interviews.
- Preconstruction: Working with the owner, architect and Concord preconstruction team to explore cost savings,
- Operations: Clash detection, modeling, as built conditions.
This role might be for you if…
- You have an understanding of and sincere interest in the overall construction process. You’ll need a minimum
years of construction technologies (hands-on experience) in the AEC industry, along with strong technical
- You pay attention to the details. You are diligent (almost obsessive) about doing it right the first time,
especially when it comes to setting up project site(s) to host BIM data, clash detection and RFI resolution
preconstruction, and maintaining high quality BIM content for project teams.
- You communicate clearly. You can explain just about anything to anyone and you’re comfortable communicating
person, in writing and on the phone.
- You think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. When things change, you
know how to
roll with the punches. You’ll use your insatiable curiosity to stay ahead of the curve, always gathering
of industry trends in VDC techniques and procedures, including attending VDC events.
- You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked. You’re going to
ownership of the time you spend with clients, project teams and vendors and truly make a difference.
- You love helping people and have at least a year of work experience in a client centric/customer service
Bonus points if you have…
- Degree in the field of Construction Science or Engineering
- Basic to Intermediate level software knowledge preferred in Autodesk packages (i.e.: Revit, AutoCAD,
Navisworks, etc.) and other platforms
Why join the Concord team?
- Outstanding culture. Our team works hard and plays harder. This is a no-drama place where
everyone is welcomed.
- Stability and consistency.We are a successful business and can work together to build a
career you can thrive in.
- We’ll take care of you.We offer competitive compensation, a total rewards package and an
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The future looks bright with us!
One more thing:
If you feel that you don’t have all of these qualifications, apply anyway. We don’t hire off of keywords. We hire
real people who have a sincere passion for teamwork and a growth mindset. If you are smart, you can learn what
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursment